Thursday, March 2, 2017

25-sec animation- Coloured

The entirety of this week was dedicated to completing the colours for my animation, which I have to say has been a massive pain in the butt , pardon my French. I started out with cleaning up my line work , focusing on the close-up scenes of the face and hand since those are the one that are most prone to sketchy lines. After that it was a painstaking process of putting in the base colour for all my animation. My logic was I was going to do all of the base colour on one animation timeline layer, then on top of it another layer set in Multiply mode used for shading , which is the way I use for my illustration. The problem with this was I essentially have to do the entire animation twice again , one which mean in total over 900 individual layers counting the line art, which is a lot ! However I feel that it was the best way and the most efficient way and still do now as I've managed to finish all of it in 1 week of work. The end result looks very good, although personally , after the background has been added in , I'd like more overlays and lighting applied to the final piece, just to give it more atmosphere. However, I'm very please with what I've done in the given time! Now, on to the backgrounds, which should be very quick and easy to do


No comments:

Post a Comment