Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Final crit !: Finished animation

Finally, the end of the module has come for me with the final full coloured animation with audio and background included. The process of producing the background was very streamlined , thanks to my experience in digital painting and illustration, along with the fact that most of the details in the background has already been planned out within the storyboard. I have to say though it is probably because I'm so comfortable with doing it that the background came out way cleaner than the animation lines, so it makes the sketchy lines stand out a bit. On the bright side though, I'm very proud of the lighting work done in each scenes, giving it a real sense of atmosphere to the background.



Also another fun thing to do was to add moving camera in After Effects for some scenes , in particular Scene 2 where I utilised the 3D function of the camera to make the focus of the camera changes as the scene progress. It added so much more dimension to the movement and the feel of the scene as a whole. Other than that , putting the different clips together , along with syncing the audio was very easy , as the previous layouts that had been used for the animatic and the lined animation gave a very solid base to work from.


As for the crit , there was very well-received by both my peers and the tutors. On suggestion from Martin was to put a bit more emphasis on the fly at the final scenes, and which is honest what I had intended to do . However, after seeing how long the animation already is and the pacing within it, I've determined that adding any more to it would be either over the limit of the 25 seconds or it would make the pacing out of balanced with too many cuts. Another suggestion was to increase the vibrancy of the colour for the fly swatter each time it swings. 

In general though , I'm very happy with the final animation and this module as a whole and I'm extremely proud of the progress I've made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment