Monday, March 20, 2017

OUAN406: Applied animation brief.

Among the options we had for the new module, I decided to go with the task of creating 3 indents for The National geographic channel. Reason for this was that in contrary to the typical belief of artists wanting to "break free" and do there own thing, I like having a specific goal in mind and limitations that can keep me focus on the main topic. This first and foremost is the most practical form of practices, as it set me up for the reality of an animation career where clients usually will have requirements that needed to met. Secondly , as mentioned above, it makes the production of the piece more focused and effective , creating a solid base that I can build my ideas from, as well as helping me to focus on developing that idea fully without jumping off on random branches. Perhaps you can say that I am a bit uptight on that end since artist are suppose to be as "creative" as possible , otherwise we might as well be replaced with some sort of programs or machines, but I feel that having limitations like these, especially as small as the brief detailed. helps to rein in the urge to go overboard with your concepts ( a problem that I acknowledge myself as having) that would cost time and money in a real world situation, hence it is the most logical option for me. Also as a bonus fact, I'm deeply interested in world culture, history and science, and channels like Natgeo , Discovery and the history channel are something that I enjoy and support very much, so it would be awesome to produce something for the channel that can invokes the human spirit in studying and exploring the world , or just appreciating the natural beauty of it.


 
     
  


No comments:

Post a Comment