Monday, March 27, 2017

OUAN406 : Maya animation

Finally got around to some actual animation on Maya today , and I have to say It is way more straight forward than I imagined it would be, even if its only simple keyframing animation. Now I can see why CGI animation is considered cheaper than traditional animation. The total it took me to animate 3 scenes would be around the same as doing it on a digital 2 animation software, but looks much smoother and better, and that just motion-wise, imagine have texture and background inputted in at a click of the button. The most difficult part again , was trying to understand all the functions of the software, especially the space-time graph , but once I got the hang of it , the graph is an extremely efficient and powerful tool to play around with. I also find transferring some of my 2D skills like the animation principles into a 3D  environment very easy. However , I have a feeling that won't be the case for more complex animation like an actual character. But serves to say , this has better view on 3D animation






No comments:

Post a Comment