Tuesday, March 21, 2017

OUAN406: 3D Modelling

Finally I have touched on the subject of 3D modelling , although on a very basic level. For the most part, I have to admit it was not as complex as I've imagined. That said though , it is still very very confusing at times, particularly on the point of looking for the modelling tools and understand all the functions it. However, the truck modelling exercise really serves it purpose well giving me a fundamental knowledge of maya modelling tool, which would help a lot when I did my own flying saucer. In that sense, it is very typical Adobe, being extremely clunky and confusing on the surface but shows it values after some use time. Although my modelling is still restricted to  very simple objects and shapes, I'm more confident in actually practicing it now, and hoping to be able to create more complex render like a hand or something. I'm also very interested in learning about texture and colour rendering, as I really enjoy doing those post production stuffs like that. That said however, I don't think I would return to 3D as a main practice, as my roots in 2D has already gone very deep, plus my main interest is in the area of preproduction like concepts design and storyboarding , which would be more 2D-focused. However it was still a very enjoyable experience




No comments:

Post a Comment