Wednesday, November 30, 2016

OUAN404 : Captain character (III)

Finalising my designs ! :


Absolutely love the final design I came up with. The balance of colour distribution works very well with the more striking colour being at the top and below. As for the colour choice itself, I definitely used some of my trivial anime logic about the meaning of hair colours ( red here is typical of the tsundere-type character , one who seems brass, passionate and sometime hostile towards other but more than often would show their soft sides) . The Bumblebee combination of black and yellow really gives a 50s like diner vibe, which contrast very well to the blue pants , plus the added oil marks really give personality to the character. I also quite enjoy the pattern design on the hat and apron , but to be honest , it seems like if we are to animate it , it would be very difficult to replicate. About the process itself, drawing and colouring really came off as a natural instinct for me thanks to my digital art back ground, and the early sketches of the design in the sketch book really helps identify the volume of each accessories on the character. Overall , a very satisfying work , if I do say so myself.

Poses : 

Notes*: Really tried to create pose that gives of that sense of activeness, lightness and care-free attitude that is crucial to her personality





No comments:

Post a Comment