Saturday, November 19, 2016

OUAN403 : Animation skill : test

Following the Animate it study task, I decided to produce a short animation gif to further experiment with 2D animation , in this is its a samurai drawing his sword. I have to say , the more I do this the more I feel that the straight-ahead form of animation fits me best , as it allows me to be much more flexible and creative in creating motion, especially ones that are complex like the drawing and sheathing of sword of a samurai (which on the latter I failed to do actual, as it is missing the sliding of the blade along the sheath before actually putting it in - which will be a quite confusing description for people who don't know how that works ) :


Animation-wise though , I'm actually quite please with it . the action is clear and shows a decent amount of fluidity ( agains thanks to straight-ahead animation ) even is the lines is constantly moving out of place ( boiling point style ). I'm also please to see that I have gained some level of understanding speed in animation , as the swift draw of the blade is exactly what I want to portray.To that end , what I would want to improve on it is first , like mentioned above is to produce a more correction representation of the action to real life and second , is having more movement variation is the different sections of body and armor , by doing so show that they are individual pieces that doesn't stick to the body but follows it , creating a more lively character and more realistic movement


No comments:

Post a Comment