Friday, November 18, 2016

OUAN403 : Animation skil - Brief 3 : Animate it ! further improvements

After taking a look at my animation , Michael suggest that the pacing towards the end of the animation seems a bit rushed ( the 3 final cuts when the character is sitting in his chair , sweating and blinking as the camera zoom out ). He suggested that there should be a smoother transition between the emotional stages , by making him blink rapidly at first and slow down as it gets toward the end. By doing this , it give the audience a bit more of a breathing room to comprehend the situation, which is a great advice after taking a look back at the original. The first solution was actually just to extend the time on each of the 3 cuts (therefore creating more breathing space ) but due to the time limit that was set in place (15 seconds) , it wasn't viable , therefore I resort to the plan above, along side that cut out the final scene so I can extend the play time on the rest. In the end though , it worked really well, and didn't alter too drastically any points I wanted to make in the original animation , which raises the question , did I went over-board a bit with my storyboarding , adding in too many scenes (that contributes little to the story-telling )without enough consideration for timing and pacing. ( which is actually quite a bit of a problem I have had - doing way too much ). It definitely serves as a good learning experience for future projects, where I should start putting some sort of a "limit" on myself, where I made less works . but within each of those works it delivers more content. (in this particular case , less scenes and cuts , but more action and animation in each one )




No comments:

Post a Comment