Thursday, December 8, 2016

OUAN 404: Form, Flow and Force

This is actually my first time ever doing a life-drawing session , and I have to say It was a very interesting experience. We really just headed straight into it and start posing and counting. It is very different from what I imagined of the classic life drawing session , where the model would sit for hours and everyone would stay quite quiet , eyes fixated on the body to try to capture it as best as possible. In this case , since we have only 10 seconds for each pose , it really forces you to be extremely free-handed with your lines, alongside the fact that it really create a dynamism where you eyes are working between the paper and the model constantly , almost to a point that your hand would go on auto-pilot while your eyes look at the model. I guess since it is focusing on capturing movement , realistic shape is not really necessary, instead , using shapes and lines to indicate a clear action is better. With that said though , for the longer poses ,more details are always nice

pulling on door


Squash and stretch

However , there is definitely something I'd like to improve about my life-drawing skill , that is I still tend to draw what I think instead of what I see. So therefore, some of the details can be exaggerated as opposed to being "life-drawn", especially for the more detailed one where I want to capture the body more realistically. But again , movement comes first , therefore If I can capture it , it shouldn't be that big of a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment