Saturday, January 26, 2019

LAUAN603: Live Brief #2 : Loop di Loop


For my 2nd live briefs, I've chosen this month Loop di Loop challenge with the theme of Windows. As I only had 2 weeks before the submission date, the whole pre production process would have to be quick in order to get to the animation stage as soon as possible. Luckily I was able to achieved that.

First it was coming up with a narrative. For this, I took a cue from the Loop de Loop page themselves, suggesting that "windows" can also relate to the Microsoft software as well. As a result, I came up with the idea of the endless cycle of digital "nightmare" in the form of a software malfunction that us digital artists and animators are all too familiar with. On top of that, its a homage to the Windows XP OS that have dominated much of my early computer uses ( in the form of all the icons and references used in the story). The aspect of the software being alive used to create a more interesting visual as well as reinforcing the "nightmare" element of the plot.



After that it was a quick process of character design. The core focus was to create a human character that has interesting visual but more importantly, easy to animate. With that in mind, I once again took inspiration from the series Panty and Stocking for my design, with the result being below



With this done , the next thing was to make the storyboard


No comments:

Post a Comment