Wednesday, January 25, 2017

OUAN405 : Make em' laugh - Initial ideas

After some consideration about group age , I decided that I would go for the teenage-young adult groups, as they are the most exposed about current pop culture which would provide more opportunities and ways to incite humour. With that said , I currently have 2 competing ideas at the moment:

First, its a Star Wars parody involving a stormtrooper and Darth Vader on a "blind date".

Some sketches here:

 

Explaining the story here: Its gonna be the stormtrooper waiting for his blind date that he met online in a restaurant, and he starts fantasising and getting all excited but it turns out at the end , it was Darth Vader himself, which would except his flower with joy and usher the line from the movie :" Most impressive. The benefit of this script is , theres not alot of complex movement to be animated , which is always good, and no dialog required for the characters, except that last phrase. On top of that , its a spoof of pop culture which in Star Wars case, a very BIG one, hence , it would be easier to get people to get the joke and laugh about it ! However , a down side I can see its that the character design would be limited to the original character, which would require a more realistic look => Harder to animate .

Second idea is an anime-style short animation of a girl squatting a fly : 

This would fit the word "First contact" as in the story , she hit the guy's face in the process. However , I don't know if that will stick , so I'll probably need to bring that up with the tutors 



 I definitely find this idea more exciting to do , as I'm much more interested in doing thi anime style and want to experiment some of the anime techniques I've learned. I also have some ideas on doing backgrounds, especially doing a spinning background type of animation. However , I'm afraid I might go overboard with it and end up not having enough time. Although , truth be told , if it is what Im interested in, Im quite confident that I would get it done. But first thing is to get this to the tutors to see if it is in line with the topic of the brief.




No comments:

Post a Comment