Monday, January 9, 2017

OUAN405: Brief : Make em' laugh

Today mostly involves detailing the brief rather than actually doing any work , but in a sense . I did get some work done. The brief tasked us with producing a 25s animation that involves humour , following certain themes:

+First contact : I assume to be alien-related
+A cunning plan :
+A Birthday to remember
+Blind date
+The restaurant
+Neighbours

The first task however was to identified my audience, as it would then influence the story itself and the style of animation I'm going to use. Age groups can be split into :

-pre-school- kids :

Subject of the animation would have to be age-appropriate , no sexual and violence behaviours and over-complex jokes, and in many cases requires a moral of sort , which would be difficult for a 25s long story => not my aim as I have to idea how to build on those limits, as it wouldn't be interesting anymore, at least from my point of view.

Style of animation would be toward more cartoonish with lots of colours that captures attention

- Teenagers:

Hormones-driven teens are easily susceptible to sexual-related themes and more slap-stick humour ( personal experience) . However , it has to be acknowledged that the current generation are far more informed of pop culture and as a result demands more complexity and wittiness.

More edgy style , like more modern Teen Titans / Young Justice style. A bit darker but still fun

- Young adults- adults:
Definitely the hardest to please , at the same time the easiest to approach as they are well-informed of social culture and references ,hence more opportunity to produce jokes that can related to certain groups ex: Star Wars fans, LOTR fans, anime fans, .... This is definitely the group I would want to target for my animation, as I myself am confident in what they like ( since I'm near that age group anyways)

Style can be more open to interpretations : I would prefer more anime-ish

No comments:

Post a Comment